Most people have no idea how to put on a quilt cover. Perhaps you have been struggling each time and have always thought that there has to be an easy way. Or maybe you have experienced being trapped inside those queen size quilt cover sets on several occasions, attempting to tie those corners.
Well, the good news is, putting a duvet cover on is just so simple. Most of all, it can even be fun! Here we are going to teach you two easy ways of getting your duvet cover on.
The Traditional Way
It is the method that most people are trying to apply when they have done it wrong. It should be simple. All you have to do is place the duvet in the duvet cover. Then, it’s done. But the trick is you have to begin by turning the cover inside out.
- Traditionally, the first thing to do is place your duvet on top of your bed.
- Be sure that the cover is inside out, then put the duvet cover on top of the duvet. Make sure that the opening is laid at the bottom of the bed.
- Some duvet covers include corner-ties to help in securing the duvet in place. Start tying your duvet cover’s top corner-ties, then proceed to the loops at the duvet’s top corners. In case your duvet does not include loops, make sure to tie the ties tightly around each corner.
- Starting at the bottom of your bed, work your way inside the cover, then move up towards the top corners. Match each cover corner with the top corners of your duvet. Next, turn the duvet cover inside out and on the top corners of the duvet.
- Slowly slip the duvet cover down and move over to the rest of the duvet. Be sure that the duvet cover is in place by holding it properly as you go. Now it’s time to tie the bottom corner-ties. Finally, close the duvet cover at the bottom of your bed.
- The next thing to do is to align and fluff the duvet. Please give it a shake and make sure that you are holding it properly on the edges and the corners.
The Burrito Way
You might think that this method is a bit baffling at first. However, by doing a lot of practice, you might consider this the easiest way of putting on your duvet cover.
- Start by laying down your duvet cover over your bed, be sure that it is inside out. Be sure that the opening is placed at the bottom of your bed.
- The next thing to do is to put the duvet on top of your duvet cover. Tie your duvet to your duvet cover in case it has loops and ties. If your queen size quilt cover sets do not include loops, then tie around each corner.
- Start rolling up the duvet and quilt cover together, starting at the top moving down towards the bottom of your bed.
- Once you reach the bottom, pull it inside out and around the roll. Close the cover to create a burrito.
- Lastly, it’s time to unroll your covered duvet. Shake it to keep it smooth and fluff.
When choosing which method to use, whether you prefer the traditional or the burrito way, be sure that you are comfortable with it.