Reproductive health is an important aspect of sexual and reproductive health and rights which help in maintaining the well-being of a person with regard to reproductive processes, functions and systems at every stage of life. WHO defines health as the sum total of well-being which includes reproductive health in addition to physical and social well-being. We will try to get some good details about reproductive health.
Why is reproductive health necessary?
Reproductive health is necessary for physical and psychological well-being as well. It is very necessary for safe sexual reproduction which means the natural way of giving birth to young ones, where two parental organisms are involved for procreation. Organisms that reproduce sexually are humans, animals, birds, reptiles, insects and plants as well.
Reproductive health in humans
Reproductive health makes sure that people have a satisfying ad safe sex life in which they have the freedom of taking decisions regarding when and how to do it. Reproductive system includes both male reproductive and female reproductive health because both are equally important to produce a new organism. Visit The Site: topportal.org
Importance of reproductive health
Reproductive health is necessary for a healthy state of physical and mental conditions in a human body so that there is proper functionality of reproductive organs. When there is reproductive health, then all the stages of reproduction take place safely which results in the creation of new offspring or a whole new organism.
Some objectives that should be taken into account while talking about reproductive health are:
- It helps in making the youth know about sexual health.
- It aids in creating awareness among the adolescence. At the stage of adolescence, hormonal changes take place which leads to the interest in reproductive system.
- It helps to prevent sexually transmitted diseases and infections such as AIDS, HIV or STDS.
- It helps in keeping the mother and the child away from infectious diseases and also helps in giving birth to a healthy baby.
- Reproductive health ensures complete knowledge about early pregnancy, problems related to infertility, problems related to conceiving, male sexual problems, various birth control methods, pre and post-natal care of the mother and baby.
- Adolescents must be safe in performing sexual practices and must not involved in wrong methods and illegal practices.
Reproductive health in different sexes
The reproductive health is the most fragile system in the human body. Hence, the approach towards overall health should be safe, controlled and nurtured properly.
Male reductive health
The male reproductive system consists of the penis, testes, scrotum, prostate, vas deferens, epididymis, and seminal vesicles. Males should maintain a clean and hygienic personality for a healthy male reproductive system. Safe sex methods must be adopted in order to avoid sexually transmitted infections or sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) like itchy genitals or anus. Some symptoms of STIs or sexually transmitted diseases are blisters and sores around the genitals or anus. One can also do a regular health check up as part of the whole-body check-up.
Female reproductive health
The female reproductive system consists of the vagina, the ovaries, uterus, vulva, fallopian tubes, mammary glands and breasts. All these organs have important functions in the production and transportation of gametes and also in the production of sex hormones. There are various stages of sexual lives and reproductive health issues such as fertility, contraception, menstruation, sexually transmissible infections, menopause and other health issues like PCOS or PCOD. One should take proper care of the reproductive system by doing regular checkups. Problems detected early can be cured and healed. Some problems associated with female reproductive health are HIV/AIDS, STDs, uterine fibroids, polycystic ovary syndrome, gynecologic cancer and endometriosis.
Methods to maintain a healthy reproductive system
- One should eat a balanced diet containing fiber-rich and low-fat foods.
- One should drink many glasses of water as water helps in taking out the toxins in the body.
- One should maintain a healthy weight so as not to put stress on the reproductive organs.
- One should have enough sleep to maintain a healthy body and mind which helps in maintaining a healthy reproductive system.
- One should also avoid tobacco, alcohol or other drugs.
- One should manage stress by practicing meditation and yoga.
- One should consult with healthcare providers to discuss about one’s problems in order to get a proper diagnosis and treatment on time.
Do you know the answer of the below question?
Reason: It is “once-a-week” pill with very few side-effects and high contraceptive value.
- If both Assertion and Reason are true but the reason is the correct explanation of the assertion, then mark (1).
- If both Assertion and Reason are true but the reason is not the correct explanation of the assertion, then mark (2).
- If Assertion is true but Reason is false, then mark (3).
- If both Assertion and Reason are false, then mark (4).
Some practices which must be followed for reproductive health
- Children must be given counseling and education regarding sexuality and sexual health at the right age.
- Care must be taken about adolescent and youth’s health.
- Sexual violence must be prevented against women and children.
- Infertility and sexual dysfunction must be treated.
What are the important factors which help in maintaining a healthy reproductive system?
The important factors which contribute in maintaining a healthy reproductive system are safe sex practices, hygienic conditions, timely health checkups, regular exercise, having a balanced diet, less consumption of alcohol, plenty of water intake, stress management, and many more. All these factors help in maintaining and functioning of overall reproductive health. Read More About: timesweb.org